The Brechin Mechanics’ Trust ( Charity No SCO 03031 )
Prices for the Hire of The Mechanics’ Institute, Brechin (new 2023 rates):
Hall Hire Price List
|Room||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate|
Terms & Conditions
Extra points to consider when booking:
- The minimum hire is for 2 hours in one consecutive block. Day Rate is for 10 hours.
- The kitchen(s) must be cleaned by users after use. Alternatively, there is a charge for professional cleaning of £60. This is in addition to booking costs. Please state when booking as this needs to be paid for in advance at time of booking.
- Bookings must include time for setting up and clearing away. If you need the hall to be set up the day before or cleared up the day after there will be an additional charge for this.
- If your hire is for an event where the majority of people attending will be under 21, permission and discussion on terms of hire must be agreed with the management Committee. An additional deposit may be required.
- The trust reserves the right to hire out other areas of the building not required by this let at the same time. Equipment will be made available on a first come basis. If there are multiple usages, the trust takes responsibility for the circulation areas otherwise it is part of the let that these areas are left tidy.
- Damages must be notified and costs associated with repairs and any other cleaning requirements will be added to the final total due.
- The lift will only be available for the use of upper floor facilities.
- Personal data will not be passed to any other party but may be used to advise of forthcoming community events if permitted.
- Please note that as there is no phone point in the building, they must have mobile phones available for emergency use. Please check for best reception positions in the building.