- Decide on which room(s) would be the most suitable for your purpose by browsing through the various rooms and facilities we have on offer. Each room has a dedicated page with relevant information. You can select each room page from the Rooms For Hire menu option above.
- Check the Events Calendar for availability of each room you wish to book. If you require to book multiple rooms please ensure that your preferred date is available for each room on that date.
- Read the Terms & Conditions, it is important that you agree with our policy and guideline notes prior to making a booking.
- Check the Price List and make a note of the price you will be paying for each room. You will need to enter the total cost in the booking form.
- Fill out the Booking Form and submit for processing.
- Pay your deposit.
- Once we have received your initial deposit payment, we will double check the dates for availability and then send you a confirmation along with a request for the balance of your payment amount. The balance will need to be paid in full at least 7 working days prior to your event.
- Enjoy your booking!
The Brechin Mechanics’ Trust ( Charity No SCO 03031 )
Prices for the Hire of The Mechanics’ Institute, Brechin:
(SR = Standard Rate, CR = Charity Rate)
Hall Hire Price List
|Room||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate|
|SR = Standard Rate, CR = Charity Rate|
Terms & Conditions
Extra points to consider when booking:
- The minimum hire is for 2 hours. Day Rate is for 10 hours.
- The Charity Rate applies to Non-Profit making organisations and Local Groups to Brechin.
- Bookings must include time for setting up and clearing away. If you need the hall to be set up the day before or cleared up the day after there will be an additional charge for this.
- Each hour after midnight incurs a £15 charge.
- For lets of 10 or more hall / room bookings at the one time, there is a discount of 10%.
- If your hire is for an event where the majority of people attending will be under 21, permission and discussion on terms of hire must be agreed with the management Committee. An additional deposit may be required.
- The trust reserves the right to hire out other areas of the building not required by this let at the same time. Equipment will be made available on a first come basis. If there are multiple usages, the trust takes responsibility for the circulation areas otherwise it is part of the let that these areas are left tidy.
- Damages must be notified and costs associated with repairs and any other cleaning requirements will be added to the final total due.
- The lift will only be available for the use of upper floor facilities.
- Hirers are asked to read and comply with the Equality and Diversity Policy, note the Child Protection details and read and comply with the ‘Housekeeping’ information attached to this form.
- Personal data will not be passed to any other party but may be used to advise of forthcoming community events if permitted.
- Please note that as there is no phone point in the building, they must have mobile phones available for emergency use. Please check for best reception positions in the building.